DigiSpawn is an entertainment website, marketing portal & content provider for (including but not limited to) indie developers, artists, entrepreneurs & game designers . The Indie industry is a vast thriving network that expands from films, videogames, music, technology to artists & business. However for a industry booming with talent & skills, marketing and promotions are unfortunately too expensive and time consuming & effective marketing & promotions come with ‘strings-attached’ publishers. DigiSpawn aims to bridge that gap and bring Indies at par with the AAA industry by providing free (and paid) marketing plans to all as per your choice and requirement with no strings attached.
Marketing & promotions would require clients to share their personal information such as: Name, Email, Address, Phone Number, Portfolio, Resume, Skill Sets etc. & project related information such as Project Name, Platform, Project Genre etc. purely for promotional purposes. For instance, in the case of a visual artist or musician looking for freelance opportunities we would need their contact information, skill sets, work samples, portfolio/resume etc. and in case of a game developers looking for content and promotions for their game we would need their personal information like Name, Email, their Social Network information, Phone number, Address and project related information such as Game name, platform, crowdfunding platform & more. If you are not comfortable with sharing your information, do not use this website. By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy.
DigiSpawn features forums and social network functionality in form of bbpress and buddypress respectively which essentially makes digispawn.com a network where anyone can sign up, communicate, identify and collaborate with other members which would often lead to them sharing their Personal Identifiable Information with each other. DigiSpawn is not responsible for the information the participants share amongst each other and the resulting consequences of it.
If you are an artist and you agree to DigiSpawn’s service to promote your artistic skills, your potrfolio or your artwork/project then you agree to the below rules. If you tag DigiSpawn social networks in your artwork post/tweet etc. then you agree to allow DigiSpawn contact you and share and promote your artwork on its social channels. The same rules apply in that case as well:
- You agree to allow DigiSpawn to share & promote your artwork with or without a link to your portfolio, your name/handle/tag/ID and/or your profile across all our social networks and website(s).
- It is the artist’s or the person representing him/her’s responsibility to watermark their own artwork.
- You allow DigiSpawn to resize your artwork as per style and format requirements to achieve the best look while sharing the artwork on social channels and the website.
- You agree to allow DigiSpawn to feature your artwork on its website content.
If the above terms in Section I, Section II and Section III are not acceptable to you then do not proceed in using this website. By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, portfolio, resume, skill sets or other details to help you with your experience.
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, Use Live Chat, enter information on our site or provide us with feedback on our products or services
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Can change your personal information: By logging in to your account
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
- We will notify you via email within 15 business days
- We will notify the users via in-site notification within 15 business days
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from that specific correspondence.
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Your Acceptance Of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.