I. INSTALLING ADB/USB DRIVERS
II. INSTALL THE LATEST SUPERONECLICK v2.3.3
III. A1- ROOTER METHOD
- If you have installed the system update, SuperOneClick will not work. You will have to use A1-Rooter.
- Download A1 rooter.zip.
- Put this zip file in your internal storage sdcard such that the full path is /sdacard/A1_rooter.
- Download ClockworkMod for Ideapad A1
- Copy this file to the root of the internal SD card and rename it to update.zip (so the full path should be /sdcard/update.zip)
- Power down the Ideapad.
- Hold down volume down and turn the power back on, keeping volume down held until the tablet boots up to an image of an arrow out of a box with an android (this is the stock recovery).
- Wait whilst Clockworkmod recovery installs. The progress bar should fill up.
- Afterwards you should see a blue menu of clockmoderecovery.
- Go to install zip menu item.
- Install zip from internal storage
- Select A1-rooter.zip
- Installing should be done in seconds.
- Go back and reboot to android.
- Enjoy, your Ideapad A1 has been successfully been rooted.